~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Friday, October 19, 2007

"Just an old Ice Cream Dipper"





This may be just an old ice cream scoop, but it’s an old scoop from the company store of Morris and Company, Groveville, New Jersey. This is one of the scoops my great grandmother, Naomi Rollings, used when she operated the company store.
.
There were two, one has been lost. My mother tells me this was a three cent scoop; I guess this size scoop of ice cream would be $7.50 at Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, today.
.
This dipper is about one hundred years old and in my kitchen drawer today, along with some modern stainless dippers of various sizes and still used today, carefully.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Amazing. I was looking up this exact same ice cream scoop when I stumbled on this. By the way, on the scraper inside mine is an engraving of GEM SPOON CO. TROY NY 20 PAT MAY 7 1895.