~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Groveville School~Miss Longstreet's Class

Miss Longstreet was the Kindergarten (Reception Grade) and First Grade teacher at Groveville Elementary School for many years, she taught children of parents she had taught. This picture was obviously taken at Christmas. The children were learning to buy and sell items. They used play money, learned to make change and handle money. This photo was taken Dec. 1940- Back Row 1st Grade - Albert Grove, Shirley Wright DiGenova, Joan Weast ~ Front Row Kindergarten or Reception Grade- Ruth McEmoyl Knight, Skippy Shelton Goldy, Jackie Errickson Marchesi.

2 comments:

Karl Kraft said...

Gary --

Shirley DeGenova called us last night to hook us up with your terrific site! I intend to come back and read more thoroughly through the many comments you've posted, but I only had about a half hour tonight and didn't get to read nearly as much as I would have liked. Would you be interested in some Allen Street photos? If so, I'll see what I might have around and email them to you. It was neat to read about Jim and Betty Stackhouse (who also ran the corner store for a time, I believe). I know Evelyn -- to whom I've been married for over 38 years now -- will enjoy reading about it too. So much to say, so little time. Thanks for preserving so much of our hometown's history, memories, and humor. (Rev. Dr.) Karl Kraft (Groveville School: 1953-1957).

Denise Ondersin Bongiovi said...

Thank you for this picture of my grandmother, Mina Rose Goldy. I knew right away it was her before I even read your caption. Seeing her face is like looking in a mirror for me. It's wonderful that you created this site and take the time to maintain and update it. I often reference your site and Mr. Glover's when I teach my third grade students about Hamilton Township. It makes a much stronger connection for them when they realize how MY history is based here. Thank you again!