~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Good Friends - March 14, 1937

This is a photo of Dorothy N. "Johnson" Lippincott (My Mom), "Dot" and Ethel M. "McClure" Beidman, "Dink". They were good friends growing up and remained friends until Ethel and her husband Charles, moved to Delaware. This photo was taken on the lawn between the Post Office an the Corner General Store, this is now a paved parking lot for the General Store, turned Italian Restaurant, and the Post Office, turned Beauty Shop, in 1937 there was no need for a parking lot, everyone walked to the store.

The house in the background at my time growing up was the home of Jim and Betty Stackhouse. I do not know who lives there now or who lived there before Jim and Betty, but I am sure someone will read this and tell me. Yup, I told ya so, Ruth McEmoyl Knight informed me that the house in the background at the time of this photo was the home of the Borden family.

Thanks to Susan "Suzi" Beideman Burdan for this geat picture of our Moms.

No comments: