~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Groveville's Boy Preacher - 1899

I received this article from my friend Cheryl, it is a little hard to read, but she asked if I had heard of this, I had not. the article is interesting, but I am not sure of its validity. Before posting this I asked several people if the had ever heard of Charlie Fisher being referred to as the "Boy Preacher", no one had.
.
This would be Wendel's father, so I asked Blanche, Wendel's wife,Charlie's daughter-in-law, if she ever heard him referred to in this way and she had not.
.
Stories are told over and over, and last for generations in Groveville, but no one recalls this. The other thing questionable is the part where he preached to a flock of sheep, no one recalls anyone in Groveville raising sheep or there being a farm to raise them.
.
Why in 1899 did it get published in a New Brunswick Newspaper?
.
To bad Wendel is not alive so we could get the facts, but then if Wendel were alive I would have a lot more to write, he had great stories.
.
All in all its a good story.

No comments: