~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some Groveville People & Family

My cousin Carol Jones found some old family photos and thought I might like to have them. Carol is now retired and living on the cost of Connecticut. Carol grew up in Groveville living with her Mother Edith Rollings Jones and her Father James Melvin Jones, along with her Brother James Melvin "Jimmy" Jones, on Church Street in the big house that used to be across from the Groveville Elementary School. All that is left of the house is the large Sycamore Tree and the Boxwood Hedge.
.
When we were kids, Carol was just ten years older than me and she would come to our house, next door, get me pinned under my mothers piano and tickle me until I could not stand it anymore, guess that is what older cousins do.
Carolyn Jones, age 10, Memorial Day, 1944, in Groveville Cemetery

Katharine Anna Rollings Johnson - Naomi Rollings - Edith Rollings Jones

Here is a photo of Kate, Edith and their Mother Naomi, standing behind the large house that used to be across from the Groveville School.

Kate and Edith were life long Groveville residents, Naomi was born in South Wolverhampton, England.

Kate was married to John A. Johnson, they had two children Alfred Rollings "Al"Johnson, who had one daughter Cindy A. Johnson Landholt, now of Rochester Hills, Michigan. Kate also had a daughter Dorothy Naomi "Dot"Johnson Lippincott, who had one son, Kenneth Gary Lippincott (me)

2 comments:

Mack said...

Great picture of the kid with the flag. It is worthy of old Life
Magazine or Norman Rockwell:)

Gary Lippincott said...

I agree, my daughter, Kati (19) looked at the picture and said "Cousin Carol is the picture of life in a simplier time". She is. Thanks Mack