~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Groveville Elementary School - 1932

This is a photo of one of the classes of the Groveville Elementary School, June 1932. The only person I recognize in this photo is my mother Dorothy Naomi Johnson Lippincott. She is the second row, center, with the dark hair. Two of the boys in the top row are familiar, but I until I am sure I don't want to put names on them. I am sure some one will see this and fill me in, that is what usually happens.

I knew someone would come through, Linda showed the photo to her Mom, Mabel Becker LeJambre and she recognized a few, even though this group is older than she is.

The girl, second from the right in the all white dress is Gert Stout

The girl to the left of my Mom, second row short, with short blond hair is Peggie Shelton, the tall girl to the right of my Mom in the second row is Virginia Herbert. The boy in the second row all the way to the right, next to the fence pole is William "Bill" Straley.

The boy,third row, second from the right, next to a girl, is Roy "Smut' Champion.

I believe the boy, top row, second from the left, is Edward Shelton.


1 comment:

Mary Ann Mason Candelori said...

I cannot be sure, but I think the tall girl to the right of your mom is my mom, Sarah Mason, not Virginia Herbert. I cannot be sure, but I have pictures of my mom at that age and it sure does look like her and I know she told me she was the tallest in the class. Does anyone remember her and can verify if this is her?