~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An "Unknown" photo


Usually I post a photo or article and I have a story to go with the photo. I usually do some research, try to find as many interesting facts and the relationship the photo or article has with the GrovevilleYardville area. For this photo I have nothing, but I am still working on it.

I received this photo and the seller of this photo has no history of the photo, in fact they too are trying to find how they came to have this photo, for me.

Here is the obvious; it is a photo of a young red haired girl, standing in front of what appears to be a dump body truck. I have been told by Charlie Donnell, who knows more about old trucks and cars than anyone I know, that he believes the truck is a 1938 Chevy. The phone number is “Trenton 6-2190” , which is most likely now 586-2190. I remember when our number “Trenton 5-0000”, then it changed to (juniper) JU5-0000, and then to the same number today is “585-0000, the 5-8 portion is really still J-U.

Amazing that made me think, our phone number has remained the same since we got our first phone, I guess in the 1940’s, that is when, so I have been told, we were on a party line with the Neal family on Main Street. We were fortunate to be on only a "Two Party Line", some were more, if the phone rang once with a break, then once with a break, it was for the Neals, if it rang twice with a break, then twice with a break, it was for us. Everyone could listen to every ones conversation, Like a "Soap Opera" with local characters, this was Groveville, I do mean "Characters", my family no exception.

Back to the photo, if any one recognizes anything about this photo, please let me know, if the little girl, who would be in her 60’s now, or her family is still in the area, I would be more than happy to give her this photo, in exchange for just a little history of the photo.

No comments: