~~

Please visit my Groveville United Methodist Church Photo Page. The link is on the right column

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please Click On Photos & Articles For Better Viewing ~ at the end of the page click "Older Posts" to view next page. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

2nd annual Groveville & Yardville Reunion Saturday, September 10 at 1:00pm at Alstarz Sports Pub (alstarzsportspub.com), Bordentown, NJ 08505

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

At war during Christmas

God Bless Our Troops and those that give their time and their lives that we may celebrate Christmas at home as we like, in peace.
~~~~~~~~~~
My father joined the army and had been discharged and when WWII was declared and he was called back. During WWII he was stationed in England and Germany. He was in Germany and assigned to a communications section, it was Christmas time and he was helping his company’s mess section unpack rations for their Christmas dinner. As he was unpacking boxes he came across a pie filling and the box was labeled “Brick’s Mincemeat, Crosswicks, NJ”. He said “Here I am halfway around the world and away from my family and this box came from three miles from my home”. He said he was never that homesick. It’s amazing the things that are said that stick with you through the years, but I will never forget my father and this story.


No comments: